Friday, January 4, 2013

Thoughts on the new year.

(This picture is of Audrey, in January of last year. So small..)

I, like many others out there, have made some tentative new year goals. I heard on the radio yesterday, that as people get older they are less likely to make new year resolutions, because they have learned from the years prior that they will not keep them. That makes me sad to think of the future, but for now I will keep making them! I like goals, especially for the new year, because they let me evaluate my life and remember what is important. So here are some of mine, written down so that I would be encouraged to keep them.

Get out of the house more as a family.
Less internet time. (a total time stealer over here)
Cook routinely.
Go on a date with Viktor at least 2 times a month.
Read together a couple nights a week instead of watching shows.
Budget our money better.
Eat more fruits! (I am so bad at this for some reason.)
Drink more water! (also bad at it...)
Read 1 new book a month. 
Get better at photography.
Serve at my church. 
Knit a blanket.

So there you have it! There are some more goals in my notebook that i left out, but this is a good chunk. Im gonna be taking it slow and hopefully implementing some of these into smaller monthly goals to make it easier for me. Im excited for this new year!

2 comments:

Irina said...

Audrey is such a cutie in this picture.. and good job on the goal making, I didn't make any:( maybe I should..

Val Kovalchuk said...

You should, it keeps you accountable (for the first month or so...) ;)