Thursday, September 20, 2012

From the garden.

I finally pulled up some carrots today, I had been waiting for us to finish off a store bag. They're looking nice and long, and sweet too. We had harvested the potatoes about a month ago, and they were sitting inside a sack in the garage. Viktor brought some inside today, and we ate mashed potatoes. The zucchinis are exhaustingly endless. I've already secretly stopped watering them so they would just stop growing... (don't tell viktor.)

Its so nice to just go grab a tomato off the vine when we need it. They taste so sweet and smell like... tomatoes... :) I've really enjoyed our first go at gardening and am excited to learn more and get better at it for next year.

4 comments:

Irina said...

I just lol'd about u trying to kill of the zuchini:) you make me smile, and yet....:)

Val Kovalchuk said...

hahaha!! i love our inside jokes ;)

Julia M said...

Yum! Your photos have improved a lot! These are great.

Val Kovalchuk said...

That means a lot coming from you!! Yeah, Ive been trying to practice more.