Friday, August 10, 2012

Eating solid foods.

There comes a stage in a baby's life (so ive heard) when they realize that they want to eat exactly what everyone else is eating. Audrey is at that stage now. As soon as she see's me sit down with a plate of food, she starts to get my attention by making noises and opening up her mouth. I have to eat on the sly sometimes so she doesn't know whats going on. But the good thing is that she is getting really good at feeding herself and eating chunks of food. I try to feed her different flavors so she is (hopefully) not a picky eater later. 

So other than bites of everything that we grown ups eat, here's what else she has eaten recently: 
Chunks of strawberry, peach, avocado, banana and kiwi. 
Cubes of cooked potato, zucchini, mozzarella cheese, tofu, and feta cheese. 
Cream of wheat, yogurt, hummus, and baby purees.
I have also flavored some of her foods with salt, curry powder, paprika, cinnamon, and dill. 

Its definitely easier for me to feed her, but I like to give her a chance to pick chunky foods up herself and start learning how coordinate her fingers. One thing Im learning in general is that feeding babies is a messy business!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you Valya, I now everythings about Audrey! mama