Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thoughts for a busy girl: making your home a haven

Over the years I've read lots of books and blogs on homemaking, its a topic that I am really interested in. I want my home to be inviting, clean, pretty, organized, comfy, and a breath of fresh air for my husband. A place where he can relax after work and feel at home. 
Now that we have a baby in the mix, this makes it much harder. There are plenty of times when Viktor wakes up (he works nights) and the baby is crying, the house is a little messy, i am disheveled and there is no food ready to eat. Days like that stress us out, and makes it hard to enjoy our home.
What is the solution? I'm not sure, but i know there are some things that i can do and control to make our home a place of happiness and rest. Here are some things I am doing/want to be doing soon. If you have any other ideas, please leave a comment! 

1. have plants and fresh flowers in your home. (those are my new plants! i like them..)
2. play music during the day.
3. bake something sweet once a week.
4. light some candles. 
5. make myself pretty
6. get a swifter duster and dust every other day. (so much better than Windex and paper towels.)
7. sweep every other day.
8. use the dishwasher. (its amazing how much cleaner it looks if there's no dishes in the sink. also it uses less water than hand washing if you do a full load in the dishwasher.)
 9. try to have the baby happy when Viktor gets up. (this is not all up to me of course, but i can put some extra effort to make it happen.)
10. smile and be happy!

4 comments:

Alina Donets said...

Awesome idea! I'm planning on planting my own mini herb garden when we move into our new place. (in a month) i want to try basil, cilantro, parsley and thyme. let me know how yours comes along!

Val Kovalchuk said...

I hope both our gardens work out ;)

Kovalchuk Viktor Nikolayevich said...

baby thank you for all of your hard work on our home. I appreciate you!

Val Kovalchuk said...

i love you husband.