Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thoughts for a busy girl: is it important to be pretty?

 I have to be honest, today is the first time in 2 weeks that i have put makeup on and did my hair, ever since we moved into our new house. Life has just been really busy. But yesterday was a pretty overwhelming day, and it got me thinking: I need to take the time to take care of myself. 

I dont think its important to be pretty, but to feel pretty. Its amazing how much better i feel about myself and my busy life if i take the time to put some makeup on, fix my hair and put some pretty clothes on. Audrey actually takes about 3 naps a day, a couple hours each. So i decided to use her first nap in the morning to fix myself up a bit and just have some tea and relax. Have some ME time. Then i feel ready to tackle my day. Do any of you out there feel the same? What do you do to make time for yourself?

3 comments:

Irina said...

You look beautiful:) and I agree, we should have ME time, and feel pretty:) sometimes (a lot of times) I wear ugly sweats and olegs t-shirts, and he doesnt like it so much, and it definitely doesnt make me feel pretty or confident.. Theres just something about looking nice that boosts your mood..

Irina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Val Kovalchuk said...

yeah, and it really doesnt take that long to put some mascara on! also as soon as the weather turns nicer, im looking forward to wearing dresses and skirts at home because viktor really likes it :)