Tuesday, July 5, 2011

a typewriter and a present

viktor and i stopped by a garage sale looking for camping gear a couple days ago, and found this sweet antique typewriter! i have been wanting one for a long time, but they are so expensive in antique stores. the owner said it was from the 20s, but i haven't looked into it yet. but i love it already! im in the middle of typing a letter to our little one inside :) (who, speaking of which, keeps kicking me. i love those little kicks! a couple days ago, i think i saw a little foot or fist, there was a tiny lump on my stomach) :)
also for my birthday viktor got me 2 records! they are really cool. one is Regina Spektor, who i like a lot. The other one is The Civil Wars. they are a new band to me, viktor showed it to me just a couple of months ago, but i really like their style. :)

2 comments:

Irina said...

I love the typewriter!! It looks super cool... Im gonna have to try it out when I come visit one of these days..

Val Kovalchuk said...

yes you will!! its super awesome, apparently made in about the 1940s. it makes loud noises when i type :)