Monday, July 11, 2011

homemade cherry jam

last week we got a big bag of cherries from viktor's parents cherry treeWe ate a lot of them, but still had some left over, so i decided to try to make cherry jam with them.
I found an easy recipe online and made it today.
ingredients:
cherries
lemon zest and juice
sugar

1. pit your cherries

2. cook cherries with lemon zest and juice on medium high heat for 5 minutes or until soft


3. add sugar, turn heat down to medium, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
4. take jam off the heat and enjoy!

6 comments:

zarie said...

that looks so yummy!! I have a ton of raspberries that I can't seem to eat or use up baking. I think I will make a batch of jam. Thanks for the inspiration!:)

Val Kovalchuk said...

you are so welcome :)

Julia said...

Surprised it's so easy! Cute fabric lids.

Val Kovalchuk said...

That blue fabric is from your wedding honey jars Julia :)

zarie said...

I love this. You inspired me to use up my leftover raspberries that my mother in law brought. We tried really hard to eat them but a bucket is just too much. Igor and I ended up going and buying some jars and strawberries and making 12 jars of jam. It was so fun !:) We plan on going and picking some nectarines next Sat. Before Lily's wedding and canning some of those. :) Thanks for the inspiration

Val Kovalchuk said...

youre welcome! making jam with your husband sounds like a lot of fun :)