I made a potato and mushroom pie tonight. it was a new recipe that i had saved a couple months ago on my laptop. It turned out pretty tasty, except the puff pastry had a hard time holding the ingredients up. But its a pie, not a pizza :)
Really simple to make. I got the recipe here, but this is how i made it, with a few changes.
1 sheet of thawed puff pastry
3 medium potatoes
about 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 a large onion
1 cup sour cream
a handful of chopped dill
shredded Parmesan cheese
dry parsley flakes
1. Take out puff pastry and thaw according to the directions, usually about 30 min. In the meantime:
2. Put potatoes in pot of unsalted water and cook until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Once cooked, cool them until slightly warm. Peel the skin and slice them into 1/4 inch circles.
3. Slice mushrooms and chop the onion. Saute the mushrooms with some oil and a little bit of salt and pepper. Set aside. In the same skillet, cook the chopped onions until they are lightly browned. Add a little salt and set aside as well.
4. Mix together the sour cream, egg, and chopped dill in a bowl. add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roll out the thawed puff pastry, and transfer it to a greased and floured baking sheet. spread some oil on the surface of the dough.(i used extra virgin olive oil)
6. Layer the potatoes on top of the oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Spread the onions and mushrooms next. Add the sour cream sauce on top. Finish it off with some dry parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 min or until the pastry looks lightly browned. Enjoy!