Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Settling in

Well hello there my dear readers!!! im so sorry i have not posted anything yet,(sorry olga..)  we dont have wifi yet in our apt so i have to sneak in internet sessions at a nearby starbucks when viktor is sleeping :) But here i am and i decided to put up some pictures of how our home is getting settled in and such. we still have some boxes laying around, but for the most part are doing good. Viktor said he had a "home" moment a couple days ago when we made a fire in our fireplace and were eating pizza while playing one of our new favorite board games (Settlers of Catan!!! its really fun) I had my own "home" moment a day later when me and him were playing guitar together on our couch :) by the way we have an unhappy neighbor downstairs that hates all noise. he already thumped on our ceiling really loudly two times and called the office to complain about us :( we decided to meet him to see our opponent... big guy around 35-40 i would say. He said he can hear our walking and shutting drawers really loud, not to mention the loud music we like to play...(oops) :) so we will try to be quieter :) other than that life is turning out good. Viktor wakes up around 3pm and i make sure to have lunch waiting for him when he gets up. Im starting to like cooking a lot!!!! if anyone has some great recipes you love, please leave a comment so i can make it :)





We still have some random stuff lying around, pardon our dust :)

6 comments:

Tanya said...

AWE Val!! Its a lovely home and from what I've read below you got 3 out of 4 of the things you were looking forward too! next is invite friends over for games and such :)unfortunately I am too far away to be one of these friends!

by the way I love your collection of books, music/musical instruments, your red tea pot, and how your whole apartment speaks of two cultured well rounded individuals :)

I miss you and hope to see more posts from you soon!!

<3 Tanya Prikhodko

Olga said...

I agree with Tanya, your place is missing just one more thing- Friends! :) Why yes Val, I would love to come over. Thank you for the invitation. :)

I like your place, looks just like I would picture you too having it. :) Very hippiish. You hipster you. :) I like, it's very cute. :)

Well, this was fun. Post more things, post more things. :)

P.s. I worked at the lab recently and went to sandwich place for lunch. (Shoot, the name totally slipped from my mind. You know which one I'm talking about, the one next to the russian dude's place....) Anyways, the point of my story is that food was great and all, but there was one thing missing- you. I know, I'm very sappy. :)

Olga. :)

Val Kovalchuk said...

ah olga, its big town hero of course!!! silly goose you...
tanya, i wish i could invite you over and olga, you will come over soon enough, dont you fret :)

zarie said...

I love it!!:) glad to hear from you FINALLY. I was starting to get crazy thoughts about driving over to your place unexpectedly and see you . :) your place looks great, sorry about your neighbor. maybe you should bake him some cookies or brownies and say sorry for making him upset. You mentioned he was big so I'm assuming you meant "obese" big?? in that case you will win his love with a few batches of baked goods. :)

Awakening said...

hi, i liked your red teapot and your collection of books as well and way u have neatly kept everything:)

Val Kovalchuk said...

thanks! we have moved since this picture, and as soon as we are done settling in i will post pics of the new place :)